Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lazy Days Skirt

Finished up this skirt recently.

pink flowery skirt 1

It's based on the Oliver + S pattern here. The full 44" width of the fabric seemed like too much for her little waist, so I think I ended up using a 38" wide rectangle. This meant the seams needed to be finished, so I had an excuse to use my serger. And I love finding reasons to use my serger!

I also decided to use a contrasting fabric for the bottom band, rather than ribbon. I worry how well ribbon would hold up to multiple washings.

pink flowery skirt 2

I found the fabric in the clearance section at Hobby Lobby. I bought a half yard and had a little bit left over. Quick and easy skirt for $2!

pink flowery skirt 3

2 comments:

  1. I made a Lazy Days skirt for S using the full 58" width of a wide-wale corduroy. It is SO full on her skinny little waist, but it's really cute, too! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I see more of these skirts in my future- maybe next time I'll try the full width of the fabric.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.