Saturday, June 18, 2011

Warm/Cool Quilt Progress

I managed to finish my quilt top for the Warm/Cool Quilt Along today during naptime.

warm/cool quilt top 1

When I first laid out the blocks for this quilt I thought, "wow, that is SCRAPPY". Maybe a little too scrappy for me. But now that it's all together I'm happy with it.

warm/cool quilt top 2

I thought I would agonize over the block placement and I would forever being switching blocks around, but I found my final layout pretty quickly. I laid out my blocks on the kitchen table, and I think that helped. It wasn't up on the design wall for me to over-analyze and I had the pressure of getting it off the kitchen table before the kids could start "helping". Now to find the time to quilt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.