Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kaleidoscope Quilt... Making Progress, Sort Of

It seems like I've been cutting out the patches for this quilt for ages, but I'm finally done with the patterned fabric pieces. Now I just need to cut the solid white triangles and then I'll be ready to sew!

kaleidoscope layout

I deviated from my original layout (see here). The blocks are still on point, but I decided I want to emphasize the X's rather than the crosses with the patterned fabric. Now I have to find the time to pick up some solid white fabric. And the determination to go up to my sewing room. My sewing area is on the top floor of the house, and therefore 10-15 degrees hotter than the rest of the house. And when the AC has to chug along all day just to keep the bottom floor below 80 degrees, you can imagine how unpleasant it is upstairs! Does sewing count as exercise if I'm sweating like a pig while I'm doing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.