Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Janome? I hardly know her!

I told myself I wasn't allowed to open this:

new janome!

Before I finished piecing this:

kal_almost there

But I can't wait any longer! Plus I've just about lost my patience with this one:

old brother

The ol' boy just doesn't have any oompf left anymore. Try to stitch a couple of matched up seams together and he has to be coaxed over it like our dog Riley trying to walk on hardwood floors. And don't get me started on the last time I tried to quilt with him... He's been a good machine to me the past 5+ years, but it's time to move on. I said some things; he said some things (in the form of grinding and some sickly little squeaks)... it's probably best to part ways now before any more feelings get hurt.

So pretty!

janome2

I purchased this at an honest-to-god sewing machine store, so I got to try it out at the store, which is awesome. Much better than reading reviews on Amazon and hoping for the best. So, although it's not completely foreign looking to me, I'm still a bit intimidated. It has adjustable speed controls and I think I'm going to have to keep it set to low until I get used to it- it can really take off on you! It makes a very noticeable whirring sound when it's on (not just when sewing) and that's going to take some getting used to (I'm praying it's not some sort of malfunction).
Here's the best part of buying at a sewing machine store-- after I've used the machine for a while, I can schedule a (free!) private lesson and ask any questions I may have, etc. I'm looking forward to figuring this new toy out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.