Monday, September 5, 2011

Finding my inner WONK

wonky stars 1

I carved out some time this weekend and tried out some wonky star blocks. As I mentioned in my last post, it's hard for me to get that free pieced/wonky look because I naturally want to fit things into nice straight lines. But now that I've gotten a taste of these free-form stars, I love it!

wonky stars 2

The lighting isn't great in these photos because it's been overcast all day (hello, fall!), but I wanted to share anyway. I made a handful of these blocks and love the movement the wonky points make. These blocks are a little addictive; I've got fabric cut for several more but I think I need to stop soon so this little wallhanging doesn't get out of hand.

wonky stars 3

I think this little quilt might also be the perfect opportunity to try out something else on my "to sew" list– hand quilting.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.