Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday - 11/28/12

Done:
A cozy little flannel & minky quilt I posted about yesterday.

Boy Minky Quilt 2

In Progress:
It's Christmas Gift Crunch Time! I'm going to have to be more selective about what I share here, but I think I won't spoil any surprises by sharing these two gifts I'm working:

hummingbird pp block

This hummingbird paper pieced block was inspired by a post I saw on the Sew, Mama, Sew! blog a while back. I downloaded the free origami font mentioned in the post and used it to trace my pattern in EQ7.

hummingbird in EQ7

The SMS post uses a freezer paper method of paper piecing, which I've never done. I just printed out my pattern and used the regular ol' sew-on-the-lines, through-the-paper, method (that's the official name of the technique, right?).

red & white cross stitch

And here's a little cross stitch gift I started this past weekend. I always underestimate the time it will take to finish a cross stitch project. I look at a pattern and say to myself "that looks fast and simple!" and then about halfway through, I'm all "Why am I only half finished?!?".

5 comments:

  1. WOW! beautiful! I had no idea that EQ7 could do such things - all the more reason to ask for it for Christmas :)
    mummyquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That hummingbird is sure an intricate piecing. Pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Lovely indeed! EQ7 is a great tool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.