Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gifts & Such

Happy New Year to all!

The gifts have all been given, so I can now share the projects I've been working on the past few weeks...

Red & White Heart Embroidery
red & white heart

A gift for my grandmother-in-law who turned 100 a couple of weeks before Christmas. Pattern found via Pinterest.

Hummingbird Mini Quilt
hummingbird block 1

A little hummingbird mini quilt for my grandma. Grandma always had hummingbird feeders on her back deck when I was growing up. These little birds make me think of the summer afternoons spent at Grandma's pool, watching the hummingbirds flit around her backyard.

hummingbird block 2

I tried something new with this little quilt-- triangles sewn into the binding to use for hanging. I really like the look and will definitely use these on future projects!

Kitty Potholders
potholders

A set of potholders for a cat lover in the family, made using this tutorial. My first time using Insul-Bright, and now that I have some on hand I see lots of potholders in my future!

Mug Rugs
mug rug_dresden

mug rug_cup

mug rug_flower

Mug rugs to go along with some photo mugs I had made for the grandparents. I love them all, but I think the flower may be my favorite!

Star Wars Cover
star wars cover 1

A heavily-padded electronic gadget cover for my son. I was going for ultra-protection, but the first version I made was sooo thick with batting that the tablet wouldn't fit! Adjustments were made and eventually there was a functional case.

star wars cover 2

-------------------------------

Not only were gifts given, but I also received some great sewing gifts! I've got lots of inspiration to keep me busy in 2013!

xmas books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.