Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Palindrome Scarf

I certainly don't need any more scarfs cluttering my closet, but I went ahead and made myself another one anyway.

Palindrome Scarf 1

It's the Palindrome Scarf, which I've made once before. I was in the mood for cables, and this pattern is easy enough that I don't have to be too careful about keeping track of which row I'm on.

Palindrome Scarf 2

The yarn is a bamboo and silk blend from Vickie Howell Collection: Love. Did anyone else watch Vickie Howell's show called Knitty Gritty a few years back? I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to knit a sock or make a thumb gusset on a mitten without that show! I'm bummed that the DIY Network cut all their crafting shows and went all home improvement.

Palindrome Scarf 3

This yarn feels fantastically soft and has a wonderful drape. I found it in the clearance section of my local yarn shop, so it was a total steal. I bought the only three skeins left in that color, so the scarf is a bit shorter than I would have liked but I still love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.