Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fighting the Winter Blues...

...with bright, pretty fabrics!

sprocket pillow 1

This ridiculously cold winter has been a tad soul-crushing. Maybe I'm being over-dramatic, but I've never dreamed of moving south more than I have in the last month. So something happy and bright was in order! I grabbed some of my favorite fabrics and made a Sprocket Pillow using Cluck Cluck Sew's tutorial.

sprocket pillow 2

Fabrics are from Kate Spain's Terrain collection and they just make me happy to look at them. I'm a *bit* of a Kate Spain fan (see my two favorite Christmas quilts here and here!).

sprocket pillow 3

sprocket pillow 4

Okay, so maybe I've even got a Kate Spain nail file. :)

kate spain file

And on the back...

sprocket pillow back

And in other pretty fabric news, I visited my local quilt shop this weekend and made a few purchases (yay for Christmas gift certificates!)...

new fabs

I was looking for fabric for K's birthday dress and couldn't decide between these two prints, so I got them both! And, yes, that bottom fab is another Kate Spain fabric. Her birthday isn't until March, but last year I was still sewing buttons on her dress an hour before the party, so I'm trying to think ahead!

5 comments:

  1. Oh those rich bright colours would cheer me up in a cold snap too! Good on you for planning ahead for your daughter's birthday, I'd be stressing out sewing on buttons a hour before the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, Great pillow! I hear you about the weather ... so I made a few bundles from my little collection of Terrain (out of print for a couple of years now, since I designed it for Moda) ... and am offering them at my little shop site now. Happy quilting and creating! Good luck with K's birthday dress. That tea rose fabric from Honey Honey is a nice choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sprocket pillow. It is bright and cheery. I know about cold. I had to sew and iron and run up and down stairs to stay warm around here. I think it was 1 degree yesterday. ugh
    Back to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love Kate Spain fabric. Such a gorgeous pillow! Great work. Best, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally in love with this pillow! I might need to go make one right now! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.