Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More Knitting

Because what else can you do when it's -3 degrees?

I've knit both of these patterns several times before. They are my go-to's when I just want to knit something and not have to think about it too much. First up, my favorite basic hat pattern: the Kim's Hats pattern from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts.

basic hat 1

I used Martha Stewart Extra Soft Wool Blend yarn in Lilac. I don't know if these photos do it justice, but it's a lovely grey-purple. I love this yarn because it's soft and priced for a knitter on a budget, like me! I've used this yarn for a Sophia Cowl and a Brattleboro Hat. It knits up beautifully.

basic hat 2

It's big on her, but she makes a much better model than me:

basic hat 3

Next up, another Palindrome Scarf. Cables look fancy, but they're really not difficult. If you want to give cables a try, this is the pattern to knit.

palindrome scarf 1

I love the thick, squishy fabric created by the cables. For this one I used Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in color Winery.

palindrome scarf 2

1 comment:

  1. brrrrr!!! at least you will be getting good use from your beautifully knit goods :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I reply to comments via email, so if you're a "no reply commenter" please leave your email in the comment so I can write you back. Otherwise, I look like a jerk who just ignored you. And I don't wanna be a jerk.